Pulsar for 2017-2019 GM 6.6L Duramax L5P Trucks
Power, Calibration, and Throttle Response On-the-Fly!
2017-2019 Duramax L5P Tuning Turned Easy and Affordable
The Pulsar for the 2017-2019 GM 6.6L Duramax is the clear cut winner for the L5P tuning market. Stop dealing with wires, expensive ECU swaps, fuel pressure boxes, and other lackluster products. The best performance tuner to ever hit the market is leading the way for ease of install, performance gains, and the only product available that uses steering wheel controls to change power levels while driving, “Shift-On-The-Fly”. Using live data to change and adapt the Pulsar adjust signals making it the best-in-class winner with features and POWER!
The Pulsar inline module has made waves among truck owners. The industry-exclusive technology, now available via Pulsar, has totally changed the game when it comes to adding performance and keeping the ECU on the truck. No mail-in unlocks, no cross-shipment, or hassle. Pulsar supplies instant power, on the fly, with no flash tuning.
The Pulsar is an in-line computer that connects directly to the vehicle PCM, with no additional wiring harness. By connecting directly to the truck’s PCM, Edge has the ability to control the vehicle to optimize performance gains, throttle response, mileage, tire size, fueling, high-idle, and more. To make things even better, the Pulsar offers 5 performance levels that can be switched on-the-fly by using the vehicle cruise control “+” and “–” buttons on the steering wheel. The active power level (0-5) will be displayed using the speedometer gauge. Simply change performance levels to display what power level or hit cancel on your cruise control to display the current power level.
- Up to 90 HP & 156 lb-ft torque
- EO Number – D-802-9
- Speed limiter adjustment 98-140 MPH
- TPMS adjust 40-99 psi
- Tire size 29-50.9”
- Gear Ratio 2.0-6.99
- Clear DTC codes
- Manual regen function
- Transmission relearn
- Change 5 power levels on-the-fly using +/- cruise control buttons
- Connects directly to ECU in engine compartment providing instant power
- Built-in throttle sensitivity control for improved throttle response
- High-idle user settings to adjust RPM during idle
- Transmission slip backdown – power will decrease if slip is detected
- EGT Backdown – power will decrease if EGTs exceed set limit
- Provides the ability to recalibrate the speedometer for wheel/tire changes
- Simple installation with no complex wiring harness or ECU flashing required
- Ships with update cable
Pulsar + Insight Features/Benefits:
• Up to 90 HP & 156 lb-ft torque
• EO Number – D-802-9
• Change 5 power levels on-the-fly using +/- cruise control buttons or Insight CTS3
• Connects directly to ECU in engine compartment providing instant power
• User-selectable throttle sensitivity adjustments for each power level
• Speed limiter adjustment 98-140 MPH
• EGT backdown (On/Off ranges 1000-2000 (level specific))
• High-idle user settings to adjust RPM during idle (range 700-1100 rpm)
• Transmission slip backdown (On/Off level specific)
• Cold engine protection backdown (On/Off)
• Gear change backdown (On/Off level specific)
• Provides the ability to recalibrate the speedometer for wheel/tire changes (range 29”-50”)
• Turbo timer settings (On/Off set by EGT (250-700 degrees) and/or Time up to 15 min.)
• Axle gear ratio adjustments (3-7 ratio adjustments)
• TPMS pressure adjustments (1-100 PSI levels)
• Transmission relearn feature for new power levels
• Display injector balance rates
• Manual regen available through Insight
• Update for Pulsar are managed directly through the Insight instead of requiring a laptop
Pulsar and L5P Power
L5P Pulsar Testers Reviews
Best Tuner Out There
This pulsar has been amazing! I’ve been running it on my 2019 L5P since the end of April 2019 after buying it brand new. When I installed the pulsar my truck had like 300 miles on it I now have 14k!!
It’s pretty sick install, plug and play, supper easy to install literally two bolts to take the ECM off and snap the pulsar on and it piggy backs to the ECM that it won’t leave any foot print on the ECM. I take it off every time I take it to the dealer for oil changes and it probably takes 3 min to take it off.
Mileage is way better on the freeway unloaded at the pump it’s about 17-18mpg I run mine on stage 5. the regen isn’t as frequent. Definitely increased power when towing it’s a night and day difference. Also one of the things I love about it is you can change the stages on the fly with the steering wheel cruise control buttons. It’s pretty slick!
Also if you get the Edge insight CTS2 it shows you when the truck goes into regen, a little green light will come on the monitor. As well as these L5P has every EGT probe on the truck already so that way the insight can monitor. It’s pretty sick!
Perfect Upgrade for the L5P
I have been running the Pulsar for more than a month now and overall I very happy happy with everything it has to offer. The install was very simple and could easily be removed to return the truck to stock. Changing power levels is very easy and feel extremely modern. Throttle response & economy have increased both driving daily and towing. I am excited to continue to test all the power levels.
Best Upgrade On This Truck to Date
Had this product for 2 months now with no issues other the lots of smiles and playing with the settings! In economy setting getting best mileage 23.9 and a good average of 21 and in tow setting pulling a 30 enclosed trailer loaded down good average 12.5 mpg and regens cut in half and it doesn’t use half as much def fluid too and the other setting are just fun for sure! Glad to be part of the test run no issues great product as always!
I have had the L5P Pulsar unit for over a month. It has great power improvement Mostly drive in the 3rd power setting. Mileage is increased. Adjusted the Speedometer to match my tire size. Overall very happy.
L5P Pulsar Review
I ordered this unit Thursday, 11/14 and received on Monday morning. The install went great and easy – only taking about 20 minutes to complete. The most difficult part of the install was disconnecting the (3) clamp harnesses connected to the ECU. Once installed and cycled through the power levels I could feel an increase in power and throttle response immediately. I noticed one DEF Regen phase while driving nearly 25 miles with the new Pulsar installed but then completed a 200 mile trip with no sign of regen which makes me think the cycle time didn’t decrease causing more regens. I haven’t used any other tuning products so I have no way of comparing, nor do I care to at this point. Cruise control set at 80 for 100 miles averaging 21mpg on Power Level 5 is solid in my book! I would recommend this product to anyone with an L5P.